Friday, May 3, 2013

Am I Just Waking Up?! Celebrating the Small Things + A to Z Reflections



I guess I’d better wake up (as if I’d ever gotten enough sleep!) and get back into the grove of posting again. I tell you, after the A to Z Challenge, it was great to not even have to turn on the computer after getting home from work the last couple of nights, which was why I’d missed IWSG on Wednesday.

[pic from wikipics.net]        

But, I didn’t want to miss VikLit’s Celebrate the Small Things blog hop today, so I’m up and ready to get going.

This past week, I’m thankful for:

1. The A to Z Challenge was a blast. It was my first time doing it, and it was worth the hours each day spent posting and reading others’ blog posts.
2. This most amazingly wonderful weather we’ve been having.
3. Claritin for helping through worsening seasonal allergies.
4. That God is my God, patient and faithful to me through all my faults and self-doubts. 




Since I didn’t follow instructions on the A to Z Challenge Reflections link very well, I’ll copy my (late) reflections on each new post for a while.

This was a wonderful Challenge – definitely challenging and growth promoting. I feel my writing developed a great deal doing these posts, and my confidence in writing on the fly has been boosted. I can endure stress!

I liked not having a theme. There were some wonderful themes out there, but where I’m at now, not having a theme worked best for me. You could say my theme was my blog – Christian and other fiction, poetry and ideas – except I didn’t have any poetry. But I put out some flash fiction, some ideas, controversial and otherwise, and it was a wonderful experience.

I do wish I was able to visit more blogs, and wish all of the blogs I did visit returned visits, which some unfortunately didn’t. Overall, this was an experience I will look forward to doing again… and again… and again, if I am able!

24 comments:

  1. Nancy- You've been a busy girl! I came by for the IWSG, but that's okay...thoroughly understand. I don't think I could have done the AZ and followed up with an IWSG post.

    Still reading your (excellent) book. Had a few wrenches thrown into my life...had to put some things on hold.

    Just wanted to say Hi. Did you change your blog? It looks different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand how things get in the way. We can't do everything. I had to put a couple of things on hold during the AtoZ Challenge. Thanks for stopping by and for reading my book. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats at the completion of your first A to Z, hope it won't be your last.
    Great reflection post also.

    Yvonne.
    A TO Z AMBASSADOR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right with you on the 4th point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will celebrate 1,2, and 4 with you (thankfully I don't suffer with allergies) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with you on #4.

    I did visit a few blogs yesterday, just trying to catch up from the IWSG post. But this weekend I can relax.

    Thank you again for helping me with the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. Loved the challenge and being able to reach out to more bloggers.

      Delete
  6. Popped in for your reflections post. Trying to keep the momentum going, congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing A-Z I admire those who took up the challenge. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just reading your list made my heart feel thankful. Gratefulness is a good place to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claritin, funny but true lol
    GREAT list of celebrations! Tell you the truth even though I didn't participate in the challenge this year, it was a challenge hopping around to support and comment :D it was a blast reading the posts though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed with how well you kept up with the posts. Great job, and I appreciate your support in reading them even though you weren't doing the challenge.

      Delete
  10. Great list, Nancy. And your picture made me smile. Good you had so much fun with the challenge. Have a wonderful weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thanked God as well, glad you enjoyed A-Z too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you're struggling with allergies but glad Claritin helps you! I really enjoyed your posts during the Challenge, Nancy. Take care and have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...A nice return to relaxation (aside from allergies, for which you have my sympathy. #4 is truly something to be thankful for! Diana at About myself, by myself…

    ReplyDelete
  14. great celebrations and congrats on completing the Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on finishing the Challenge! Your site was where I found the Celebration challenge. Thanks for visiting my place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The A to Z was a blast! :) Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The A to Z was a blast! Thanks for being one of 4 bloggers who commented on EVERY POST on my blog! You rock!
    I can sympathize with the allergy thinggie... I get seasonal rhinitis from time to time... nothing serious, but annoying nevertheless...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on completing the challenge and thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great reflection post. This was my first Challenge too. I had a great time and will do it again next year.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to making it through! I've enjoyed both doing a theme and not doing a theme, so I don't panic if I don't know what theme I want to do since I know I can wing it, if need be.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! One of these days, I may go for a theme.

      Delete

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...