Write a story, poem, memoir or whatever else you'd like to write (even if it's not complete) of no more than 300 words using daily prompts to share on this blog as a comment. Writing prompts are a good way to keep your creative juices flowing and to practice writing skills – such as descriptions, dialogue, scene, monologues, etc.
The way writing prompts work is the prompt sentence, phrase or word must be either used in the piece or be a theme of the piece and is completed in one sitting. You should be done in no more than five minutes. Editing can be done after the initial write. A new prompt will be posted daily starting November 23, 2012.
1. No more than 300 words
2. Fiction, poetry, memoir, or whatever else you feel like writing
3. No explicit sex
4. No constant profanity
5. Must be the original work of the person posting
6. Be open to honest critique
Anything not following the above criteria will not be posted or will be deleted.
The intent for this:
1. To practice writing with short and continual exercises
2. To meet other writers
3. Possibly get critiqued
4. You may include a link to your blog, webpage or book for sale
5. 300 words is enough to keep you fresh without bogging you down
6. Building a gracious writing community is a beautiful thing
Once a week or every other week, depending on how busy things are, I will choose a winning piece to highlight. If the winner has a webpage, blog or book, and if they so desire, a write-up will be posted along with the winning piece.
Let's keep writing and sharing to build this community!