Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday's Journal Past Blast - Messy Art



This is the second weekly installment of Tuesday’s Journal Past Blast, and I've decided to open it up as a blog hop. Feel invited to join the blog hop with the linky below, copy the above button and pin it to your blog, and post old journal entries. We'll share, laugh, cry, and just remember the past from our old journals. You don’t necessarily have to have an old journal, just some old writings that were your own.

This journal post is from sometime in 1990 or 1991. I actually do remember writing this, but don’t know if I realized how very hilarious it is. 


Out of a Mess Comes Art

If each piece in my room represented a stroke of an artist’s brush, maybe then, instead of a junked-up, messy room, I would have created the masterpiece of the 20th century. I would have won that special artist’s prize and recognition before anyone else. My innermost private self would be copied in every rich person’s living room above the mantle of the fire place. And as they’d make love on the bear rug, they’d look up above the mantle at my garbage bag with trash spilling out, inside-out pants strewn about the floor, along with paper, shoes, books, and think of how talented that young Black woman artist is.


This journal, old as it is, has lost it's
cover, but still holds the truths of
many secrets.


17 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!

    I never did official journals (everything faded to no entries by March, but I'm sure I've got some notes somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great if you did. Doesn't matter what the form of the journal is.

      Delete
  2. what a great idea & a vivid image!
    i love eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea.
    I love the appearance of your journal... very authentic!
    Unfortunately, I don't have an old faded journal...

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to have an old faded journal, just old writing.

      Delete
  4. Hi Nanct! Nice post!

    I'm passing on the Liebster Award to you! You can find it over on my blog

    http://bettyalark.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. Getting a lot of awards this week. :)

      Delete
  5. Neat idea for a regular Tuesday post. I go back and read my journals every so often and laugh and cry for hours. I think this post from your younger self is magnificent!

    I popped by because Betty nominated me for the Leibster too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you popped by. I hope you think about joining this blog hop. I'll check your blog out too.

      Delete
  6. I used to write journals but I can't post anything written on them. Too much information, not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever journal entry. It's cool you kept your journal. I threw mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be happy to mention this next Wednesday for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...