The word lovers and prompt writers blog hop. Here's how it goes:
1. Create a lovely blog post that links back to The Feather and The Rose blog - our host.
2. Pick an old word you want to save from extinction to feature in your blog post. It really must be an old word, not just a big one. We are trying to save lovely archaisms, not ugly giants (for example, "Dihydrogen Monoxide" is not an acceptable choice). Luciferous Logolepsy is a great database of lovely words if you're having trouble coming up with something on your own.
3. Provide a definition of your word. Use your word in a sentence (or even a short paragraph) vaguely related to the theme we have chosen this week. You may also add visual or musical interpretations of your word or your sentence. In fact, add anything that moves your creative spirit.
4. Add your post to the linky list below (sometimes I add it later in the day). Then hop to as many other blogs as you can in search of as many wonderful words as possible!
5. Use as many of the words as you can on the people in your life. Do leave us a note or add something to your own post to let us all know what wonderful old word you whipped out to befuddle your friends and relations.
Today's theme is: earlobes
My word today is: Ratiocinate: From 1635-45
Verb - to reason; the process of reasoning
Mom said I have to clean behind my ears and inside my ears. “Mom! I’m washing my earlobes too even though you didn’t tell me to! Can I get extra ice cream?”