While writing this on a Thursday afternoon, I’m feeling a bit in a funk. Maybe because it seems that so many people are on vacation, while my next one will probably not be until December. Well, that may be one reason for the bit of blues today. But, I do have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for that I’ll expound on for VikLit’s Celebrate the Small Things weekly blog hop. And here it goes:
- I’ve completed my near final draft of Salted With Fire, my short book of flash fiction and poetry. I’m waiting for feedback from one other person, which I will hopefully get tonight (Friday night). The book will likely be available on Amazon next week.
- I did meet with my old friend from elementary school. I will post about it on my birthday this Saturday.
- I received wonderful gifts from Michelle of Writer-in-Transit, for winning her A-Z Challenge, which I will also post about on Saturday.
- My family and I celebrated my late sister’s birthday last Sunday at another sister’s house. Seeing how family gatherings can sometimes be trying, it was a wonderfully fun time. We released balloons with messages for my sister on them. We did remove the strings so they wouldn’t get entangled in the wires. Too bad though, I don’t think anybody took a picture of the balloons going up in the sky.
- My publicist just sent out media kits and press releases on Monday and I’ve already got an interview for a live blog show scheduled for July 29th and a couple of book review requests. I’m hoping and praying for more big and small media interviews to be scheduled soon.
I'm sure the funk-ness will be gone by the time the celebrating begins. Until then, happy celebrating folks!