It’s Friday!!! That alone is reason to celebrate, and it seems like it’ll be an absolutely beautiful weekend here in the SF Bay Area.
But there are other reasons why I’m celebrating this week for VikLit’s Celebrate the Small Things.
* I’ve got a couple author interviews lined up for local newspapers (well, one is still in the works), and still have the live blog interview scheduled for July 29th.
* Camp last weekend with my church’s singles’ group was very fun. The rafting was an all day excursion and was a blast. If anyone needs some lessons on rowing, I’m available. :) A couple of folks in my boat fell out once, but luckily I didn’t. After 5 hours, we were ready to head back to camp. My tent opened up to the river, and in the morning I’d have prayer time looking out. Here are some pics of the camp in Knight's Ferry, CA.
|Looking out my tent door.|
Knight's Ferry, CA
|What a front yard!|
|Closeup of full moon at campsite|
* I’ve slowly started working more on Anticipating Dawn, the sequel to Anticipation of the Penitent. After having those initial feelings of "this is not good enough", I think I’m getting back into the groove of writing and planning out the subplots. I’ve got a seemingly reliable CP for it, so I’ve really got to get crackin'.
* The print version of Salted With Fire is just beautiful. I wish I could get the format of the eBook exactly the same, but I think it’s quite decent looking as well. So happy!
* I've written my story for Write Club while at camp as planned. I have to say I love it and hope it wins at least a few battles. Can't give out any info on the story (the contest is blind), but wish me luck! The deadline is June 30th, so there's still time to sign up.
I’ll be visiting y'all as I can over the weekend.