Monday, October 29, 2012

Write a novel in one month?!?


Can you say “nerve wrecking”? 

I’ve just joined a new site today, something that might interest some of you. It’s called, “National Novel Writing Month,” located at www.nanowrimo.org.

The amazing thing is, it’s a place where, starting November 1st, you write everyday, and by midnight, November 30th, you’re to have completed writing 50K words of a new novel!

It’s amazing how many people attempt this every year at this site, and how many people actually complete it. I’ll do my darnedest to do this. And (I’m not sure he’ll want the credit) Pastor Gary gave me the idea of the topic, which has had me fascinated since he first talked about it in his message a couple of weeks ago: The witch of Endor.

I am truly excited to write about this, even though I have no idea of what I’ll write!


Look what’s coming!

I’ve received my book, Anticipation of the Penitent, back from my final editor. Now I’m reading it through one more time to make sure the corrections are correct and it reads the way I intend it to. I’ve got about 50 more pages to read. Then I’ll complete the publication process on CreateSpace!

Again, it might take a couple of weeks or so before it’s available on Amazon.com.

I had a dilemma about where I should get my marketing tools from, you know, bookmarks, postcards and business cards? CreateSpace does them, but they are expensive and they have only one template, so you don’t have design or paper stock options.

I tried Kinkos, but they are WAY expensive. So, I think I’ll try someone I learned about on LinkedIn. His rates are quite reasonable and, so, I have to wait and see.  I can also call the church (Faith Fellowship) tomorrow and see if they can recommend someone. I’ve got to remember to do that. The church’s office is closed on Mondays.

Well, everyday I’m more and more excited about this “writing” stuff. I hope some of you are encouraged to do more of your own writing and will look into some of these sites I’ve talked about.

Until next time! Which, considering this 50K words in November challenge, I may be posting excerpts soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...