Okay, I'll do it. Wasn't sure if I was going to post this low-carb recipe wonder, but here's the story....
One of the the low-carb dieter's bane is ice cream. Not having any can be the thing that sends the sweet tooth crying out in pain. Well, here's a recipe that can be that special treat for Atkins dieters and which quiets that nagging sweet tooth. It's a low carb ice cream! (I'm using 'C' for Cream and Cut-down-on-the-Carbs.)
Here's what you need:
Heavy whipping cream, stevia (a natural zero carb sweetener), sugar-free jam (not totally necessary, but it adds that extra flavor), chopped nuts (also not necessary, but it adds that extra texture), and a mixer.
1. Pour about 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl
2. Add stevia to taste (start off using very, very little, because stevia is potent)
3. Whip cream with a mixer or whisk until cream is fluffy like whipped cream is supposed to be
4. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar-free jam and fold into cream
5. Dish cream into a serving bowl and place in freeze for approximately 2 hours, until cream is frozen. It's best if there's a nice little soft spot in the center, which happens after about 2 hours.
Then take out of the freezer and enjoy! Again, you can add a teaspoon of chopped nuts over the top for texture and who doesn't like chopped nuts!
# of carbs:
Without jam or nuts: 0
With jam and no nuts: 5 grams
With jam and nuts: about 7 grams
Insecure Writer's Support Group
This past month hasn't been very productive writing wise. My critique partner I met with once has been busy and I'm not sure if it'll work out or not. The other writing group meets twice a month, and I was able to go only once last month. Another one meets only once a month. I'm planning on meeting someone else on the 13th, but she's not really writing anything right now, so it would just be about me. Doesn't quite seem the same thing, but we'll see.
Other things are promising however, including a book signing I have coming up on April 20th, and The Book Shop in Hayward purchased a copy of my book to place on the shelf. But, I need to get writing!
Okay, I'll stop whining. I'm blessed. :) But I do need to write.
*** Remember you can still enter A Most Amazing Giveaway where everyone wins something until April 5th by clicking here.